The Spatial Innovation Flood Information Portal was developed in collaboration with Local Government and specifically for Local Government. Designed to allow a wide spread of internal and external users to examine flood data to ascertain the most appropriate development for a specific area within a parcel of land.
Spatial Innovation partnered with Lockyer Valley Regional Council in a collaboration that delivered on the key goals. The drain on internal resources was reversed, with flood reports delivered for the majority of customers online and without human intervention. Therefore, the Lockyer Valley Council area had suffered from a lack of confidence from investment. Council had developed manual solutions to deliver Flood reports to alleviate these concerns, however, they were time consuming and a drain on high value resources such as flood engineers.
- Reduce turnaround time to generate flood reports, from days to seconds.
- Significantly reduce the drain on Council resources with the majority of reports delivered without any human intervention.
- Query specific points within a parcel to target desired activity at that location. Particularly useful in rural and semi rural areas.
- Scalable from a simple three step process to full Flood Engineering enquiry for developers, insurance companies and flood engineers.
- Trigger exception areas for referral to obtain internal Council advice specifically where areas require a high level of skill to interpret.
- Automation of data updates to reduce drain on resources and simplify processes as well as auditing of internal and external queries.
- Reinvigorate confidence in Investment in your region.
- Rapid return on investment